One Step at a Time collaboration
There are so many negative things going on in the world. Have you ever wondered how not fall prey to all the negativity? You can make a difference and by simply taking on LIFE, One Step at a Time.
Our current presidential cabinet seems a bit aloof. People hide behind their computer screens and hurl insults like there’s no tomorrow.
Everyone is so judgmental and critical about everything under the sun.
Everyone has an opinion. The internet trolls hide behind their computers and type insults on the daily.
Nothing can be said without offending any given group of people.
Before we speak, we need to make sure it’s politically correct.
Everybody wants their own label; yet, some rather not have a label at all.
People are robbing, killing, and stealing, like there is no tomorrow.
I can’t keep up. Sometimes I feel like I’m on a roller coaster or maybe a run away train.
I wonder if there will ever come a day where we can all be people and not worry about color, gender, race, creed, or identification, etc
Black, brown, white, yellow, red, or green, who cares– we are all derived from the same people.
We are all related and connected to one another. It seems hard to believe, but I believe it’s true.
I remember my mom had a saying, ” stop this train, I want to get off ” I’ll bet you want to get off too.
How do we manage to live in such a messed up world?
What seems impossible is always possible with patience.
Here are 5 ways I think we can manage being in such a harsh, cruel world:
- Remain calm at all times. It’s not that serious. It’s really not. Remember the book: Don’t sweat the small stuff? And it’s all small stuff. Find peace in your life. All of us have the ability to find our happy place. Exercise your freedom to be free from allowing small things to upset you. Everything becomes smaller if your thoughts become better/bigger.
- Think before you speak or react. A lot of situations can be avoided if we exercise restraint. Our tongue is one of the number one reasons we get into trouble. Be mindful of what you say and how you respond to ALL situations. Sometimes it’s better to be quiet and walk away. “A soft answer turns away trouble, but a harsh word stirs up anger.” One person has to be in control. Let that person be you.
- Pray and/or meditate more. Clearing the mind does wonders. Carve out 15 minutes in the morning to just sit, be still, and clear your mind. Let your thoughts dissipate into the atmosphere. “Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of happiness and joy.”
- Serve one another.Pay it forward. Meaning, every day, do something nice for someone. Post something about the outcome. Its not expensive to serve other people. You can do a lot with what you already have.
- Speak evil of no one, to avoid quarreling, to be gentle, and to show perfect courtesy toward all people.
In summary, be kind in an unkind world. Live everyday without regrets. Love all life forms. Don’t judge in criticism, judge in love. Yes, you heard me, you are allowed to correct in love.
If more people corrected bad behavior in love then maybe the world wouldn’t be so messed up. If someone gets offended by correcting bad behavior, so what.
Let’s say you have a family member or friend that’s molesting kids. Isn’t it right to pull them aside and let them know their behavior is not right and unacceptable? If your answer is Yes, then you are judging, but in love.
You have a friend who loves to eat at expensive restaurants, but after the meal they excuse themselves from the table and go to the restroom, then exits out the front door. They love to eat, but not pay and they believe it’s right, do you? Of course, not. Well, once again, you are judging your friend. But, it’s in love.
So, forget about “Don’t judge me, or only God can judge me.” You are your brothers keeper and you are supposed to hold one another accountable.
I’m elated to be a part of another wonderful collaboration. These bloggers are the absolute best.
Please take time to visit their blog for this months collaboration posts.
Ajibola Sunday @ Inspirational Motivation
Barb Caffrey @ Barb Caffrey’s Blog
Camilla Motte @ Moms on the Go
Divyang Shah – I think my way
Jothish Joseph @ TheJothishJosephBlog
Jane Love @ Harmonious Joy
Manal a.k.a. iamthatgirl @ Sensible Nonsense
Mylene C. Orillo
Nicolle K @ Stories of a Highly Sensitive Introvert
Sadaf Siddiqi. Taking One Step
Sonyo Estavillo @ ‘Lil Pick Me Up
Tajwar Fatma @ LifeAsWeHaveNeverKnownIt