While watching, The Chew, one of my favorite daytime TV shows this morning “Carla” explained how to make a home made Ice pack for your lunch bag.
Everyone normally has extra sponges around the house for cleaning purposes. If you don’t have any sponges on-hand then on your next shopping trip you will want to pick up some sponges for this awesome homemade ice pack.
- Zip Lock Sandwich Size baggie
- Small cleaning sponge
- Take your sponge and place it under running water to get it soaked
- Put the wet sponge -zip locked bag in the freezer overnight
- Take the sponge out of the freezer (the next morning)
- Put it in your lunch bag/box
When the sponge thaws out all of the water will be absorbed into the sponge.
I love this idea. If you try it at home please let us know. I think it’s a great idea.
Thanks to Carla from The Chew for inspiring this post